Urgent NO on I-1639 Action Alert:
Dear Second Amendment Supporter –
Firstly, I wanted to thank you for your previous support and dedication as someone that shares the same values.
I’m writing you today with an urgent and time sensitive message as a current and former director of several pro-Second Amendment groups you have supported in the past like Protect Our Gun Rights, the Second Amendment Foundation, the Firearms Policy Coalition, etc.
The billionaire funded gun control groups are at it again here in Washington State.
They’ve conspired with ethically-challenged Attorney General Bob Ferguson to file a new sweeping gun control ballot measure, Initiative 1639 (I-1639), and will soon start gathering signatures to place it on the ballot in the 2018 general election.
I-1639 is an outrageous 30-page gun control bill, already backed by more than $2 million dollars from billionaires that employ their own armed, paramilitary security teams.
I-1639 would do many things to steal your money and potentially make you a criminal for simply trying to protect yourself and your family. Here’s the basics:
- I-1639 arbitrarily increases waiting periods to buy a gun, even if you can pass an instant background check—and even for victims of crimes and stalking.
- I-1639 would create statewide excise taxes on firearms that could later be increased. A tax on your constitutional right to protect yourself and your family.
- I-1639 creates a privacy nightmare for gun owners by giving more data and creating a universal registry of all your information and the guns you own with the Washington State DOL—which was recently panned for disclosing information of Washington residents without a warrant.
- I-1639 will make expensive training courses and taxes mandatory—even if you already own a gun or can prove you are knowledgeable and understand basic gun safety.
- I-1639 will make it basically impossible for individuals 18-21 to purchase or adequately defend themselves and their family with a firearm—even if they are trained, vetted, and can pass a background check.
- I-1639 inserts politically charged and factually inaccurate “assault weapon” propaganda language into the law.
- I-1639 will create a crime of “community endangerment” if for any reason you do not store your gun in compliance with the new arbitrarily created law. This is eerily reminiscent of the law introduced in the State Senate by Senator Ed Murray (former Mayor of Seattle) that allowed the police to search your home without a warrant to see if you properly stored your gun.
- Finally, I-1639 does nothing to actually help public safety nor school security; nothing to crack down on hard core criminals or keep them in jail; and nothing to help individuals in a mental health crisis.
Overall, this is probably the most dangerous ballot measure to be proposed in over 20 years in Washington State. I urgently need your help so we can get the word out and start fighting.
As you already know, we’re up against several anti-Second Amendment billionaires and will need to combat their lies in commercials and in the media.
Your generous and needed contribution today will get us on the right track to defeating I-1639 and sending these anti-Second Amendment billionaires a message—our rights and our safety are not for sale—and we won’t tolerate these crass attempts to undermine and slowly erode the rights of our free society.
I know I can count on you.
S.O.S. | NO on I-1639
PS: In recent years some appeals courts like the one our state falls under (the 9th circuit, AKA: “the 9th circus”) have grown extremely hostile to our rights. Additionally, the Supreme Court has not taken up a big Second Amendment Rights case in some time. Given those facts, it’s urgent we stop I-1639 before it becomes law. Click here and join us in fighting this bad initiative before it becomes the law.
PPS: Be a force multiplier, help get the word out by forwarding this urgent message to your friends and allies. As Sir Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Initiative 676 was defeated in 1997–and I’m confident we can beat I-1639 this November if we can get enough people involved in the campaign.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ~ The Second Amendment to the Bill of Rights
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men. ~ Article 1 Section 24 of the Washington State Constitution